Lead Marine Diesel Mechanic / Job Foreman – Palm Beach
About Gillen Yacht Services
Gillen Yacht Services, Inc is a full service yacht refit and repair facility that has recently opened a second location in Palm Beach, FL to better serve our customer base. The company has operated out of Ft Lauderdale for the past 30 years providing quality services for yachts ranging from 50 to 300 ft. We are looking for the right individual to be a part of this ground floor opportunity. The candidate will be a working foreman leading a crew of technicians to complete a variety of yacht projects.
GYS has expertise in every area of yacht repair – we provide one-stop shopping for our client vessels.
About the Job
We are looking for an experienced lead marine marine mechanic / Job Foreman.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of various diesel engines and generators, troubleshooting, repair for a variety of marine power. Prefer mechanics with a certification in MAN, CAT, Yanmar, Detroit Diesel or Cummings
• Knowledge of boats electrical and mechanical systems
• Ability to install new engines and controls
• Cleans tools and work area
• Supervises and leads job technicians
• Able to cooperate with other departments to accomplish project goals
• Follow defined instructions and procedures
• Can work independently
• Has personal tools required to perform job duties
Experience & Requirements
The right candidate will have a broad range of experience working on yachts and pride themselves in delivering a quality product.
• Must have a minimum of 6 years experience in the field servicing large yachts
• Ability to utilize manufacturer handbooks for troubleshooting and assembly.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Various engine certifications a PLUS
• Driver’s License and good driving record
• Must have own tools
Benefits & Perks for Lead Marine Diesel Mechanic / Job Foreman
SIGN ON BONUS for the right candidate
We reward experience with pay and benefits equal to level of experience and performance. Company paid health insurance, 401K, Paid holidays, PTO – Paid Time Off
Job Type: Full-time
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
• 8 hour shift
• Monday to Friday
• Driver’s License (Required)